Unsung Hero: My Brother Showed Me Who Not To Be

lexi.brannon17
My brother used to be someone I looked up too and was my hero at one point. He always helped me when I needed it. Since we are roughly the same age, we practically raised each other growing up because my parents were always working. We had the best times, but ever since our parents got a divorce, he went downhill. He started smoking and drinking, sneaking out, and lying more and more. He's going into rehab soon because of his drug addiction. This seems horrible, but he is teaching me who I don't want to be and I thank him for that. Knowing the people I know, I could be in a lot of trouble, but I'm not because of my brother showing me who not to be. He doesn't know that I see him as a hero because of this. In fact, he doesn't know I see him as one at all. Even though he took a bad path to go down, I love my brother dearly and thank him for everything he has done for me.