Unsung Hero: The skull for my brain

lptrajkova
I approached high school with a sort of irresolution in what I wanted to choose as my future career. While everybody has dreams and aspirations I was standing there with nothing. It scared me to a point that I wanted to escape my own skin.
It was another regular school day. Our next lesson was biology. I had never been keen on biology mostly because of my elementary school teacher who did not like me without a particular reason and made sure to make every biology lesson miserable for me. I was not overly excited for the next lesson and I had no expectations from this teacher whatsoever.
However, I had never been so wrong for my entire life. Not only that this teacher made everyone listen to what he is teaching with interest, he also cared about what his students thought about his subject.
For a whole year he has been showing me the side of biology that made him choose it as his career. Not even once has he hesitated to help me with anything, even if that meant reading a huge article or watching a 3 hour long movie.
Within the past year he has always said:"I am the skull for your brain. Static and supporting. What kind of information you fill your brain with depends on you."
He has made me realize biology is the kind of information I want to fill my brain with. He has made me realize that a geneticist is what I want to be. I have never been so fervently sure that I want to do something more than this.
I overcame the point which made me want to escape my own skin. Instead of thinking what would it be like to be someone else, I think of ways to improve myself. And the person who causes that kind of change in someone, is the biggest unsung hero.