Food For Thought: Food, Fun, Family, and Friends

rsingmram
Food. Fun. Family. Friends. There’s a reason they all start with an F. And that reason is simply because together, they can be a powerful force, transcending all pain and evil in the world while helping to create an impenetrable bond of warmth and love that lasts forever. Another word that begins with an F.

When we gather, friends and family, to eat dinner at China Kitchen, the only Chinese restaurant we all go to, we celebrate this bond, feeling grateful in every possible way. A seemingly ordinary Chinese restaurant, China Kitchen offers our group a delectable, vegetarian meal, perfectly prepared just for us. Over the numerous years my family has been eating here, we have gotten to know the waiter and he has gotten to know us as well. He does not even laugh anymore as my dad orders the broccoli with garlic sauce…without any broccoli. The noodles come steaming and the vegetables ooze the signature garlic sauce, each piece precisely covered with the heavenly sauce. Passing the dishes from person to person, I look into everyone’s eyes, realizing the true meaning of being grateful. Because this, this moment right here is something I have to be grateful for. Not many get to enjoy a meal with their whole family and several friends at their side. Not many fully understand the true impact others can have on his or her life. And not many appreciate the family and friends they have been gifted by God. I feel so sorry for those people. They don’t get to be a part of this beautiful miracle created when several hearts join as one, relishing in the vitality of life with food, friends and family; simply having fun. Therefore, as I devour each bite, I savor each sensation as it warms my insides, hoping to hang on to this moment forever, knowing that if this feeling can not transcend all evil, then nothing can. I feel grateful that this is my life and that this bond will last forever.

Food. Fun. Family. Friends. Forever. I am glad forever is a really long time.