STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Food For Thought: Food, Fun, Family, and Friends

rsingmram
Food. Fun. Family. Friends. There’s a reason they all start with an F. And that reason is simply because together, they can be a powerful force, transcending all pain and evil in the world while helping to create an impenetrable bond of warmth and love that lasts forever. Another word that begins with an F.

When we gather, friends and family, to eat dinner at China Kitchen, the only Chinese restaurant we all go to, we celebrate this bond, feeling grateful in every possible way. A seemingly ordinary Chinese restaurant, China Kitchen offers our group a delectable, vegetarian meal, perfectly prepared just for us. Over the numerous years my family has been eating here, we have gotten to know the waiter and he has gotten to know us as well. He does not even laugh anymore as my dad orders the broccoli with garlic sauce…without any broccoli. The noodles come steaming and the vegetables ooze the signature garlic sauce, each piece precisely covered with the heavenly sauce. Passing the dishes from person to person, I look into everyone’s eyes, realizing the true meaning of being grateful. Because this, this moment right here is something I have to be grateful for. Not many get to enjoy a meal with their whole family and several friends at their side. Not many fully understand the true impact others can have on his or her life. And not many appreciate the family and friends they have been gifted by God. I feel so sorry for those people. They don’t get to be a part of this beautiful miracle created when several hearts join as one, relishing in the vitality of life with food, friends and family; simply having fun. Therefore, as I devour each bite, I savor each sensation as it warms my insides, hoping to hang on to this moment forever, knowing that if this feeling can not transcend all evil, then nothing can. I feel grateful that this is my life and that this bond will last forever.

Food. Fun. Family. Friends. Forever. I am glad forever is a really long time.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy