I am most thankful for my parents.

coffeeinthebin
I’m thankful for my parents. I’ve thought of my life as this unfortunate tragedy where nobody truly “gets” me, and this entire time I’ve had the boundless love and support of my parents behind me. No matter where I go in life, I can only really count on them. They won’t be happy about my every decision, but they won’t give up on me. To be a parent is the most difficult job ever. A parent has to put your needs above their own and are 100% responsible for the life you’ve been granted.
The real reason that led me to the realization of why they are so great, is the school I currently attend. From the day I entered kindergarten till 9th grade I knew there was something wrong with my school. It grew worse and worse over the years. In elementary school it was smaller things, like waking up early. When I got to middle school, it only got worse from there. I started to hate everything: the teachers, the classes, waking up, the lunch food, the way the kids acted, and most of all myself. That happened with school. I hardly went and didn’t do homework. I wasn’t proud of myself, but I couldn’t make myself do better. I continuously told my parents how I wanted more than anything to transfer. They were always sympathetic. They paid for fun after-school activities, helped me with homework and even researched private schools for me. Unfortunately, my parents said I’d have to stay at my school, because of money. Money. Everything goes back to money. Private school tuition isn’t exactly affordable, and with my sister going to college soon, it wouldn’t be practical for me to be paying thousands for something that could be free.
Growing up, my parents always told me if love could solve everything, it would. I didn’t believe that they truly loved me as much as they claimed, because if they did they would make things better. I started high school with little hope. My best friend had transferred to private school, and I couldn’t be more envious. I knew that we would never be able to afford it. Still, I held on to that hope like it was the only thing keeping me alive, and for awhile it was. I studied this school, toured, and sent in an application for financial aid. I got a great deal of aid from my school, but it wasn’t enough. My parents outlined with me all the extra work they’d need to do to send me here. I begged for the longest time. I wanted it more than anything. I got to go, and it changed my life in unbelievable ways. I am so much happier and pleased with my progress here. The fact that all along all they wanted was my happiness, and the sacrifices that they made to achieve it, prove it to me that my parents are the most special, amazing people in the world.
Comment by sullysolipsism

I wish there was a "like" button like on Facebook! Go parents! I'm glad you've got such a killer-awesome Momsy and Popsicle! :)
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:09:45 AM
Comment by coffeeinthebin

Haha thank you :) I really do, and I very rarely stop to think about it, but i'm glad for those slow moments where I can stop and look back, & realize all the things they've done for me that my life would suck without.
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:56:41 AM