Food For Thought: What Goes In Has To Come Out

QuickSilva
Well, 'food for thought'. Hmmm... It's rather 'thought of food' for me because of what's popping into my mind. Just think of a Google search engine and you'll get the basic idea on how my mind works at such times. Now now, we don't want to be dealing with all the good stuff here, they might make your water. Instead, let's take a sharp turn from the main road into the dark alleys, thus setting foot upon previously unexplored areas of food memories. This might be confusing for a start, but let's not venture too deep into the alley as it might be futile to do sch, we'll just stick with the bad stuff near the alley's mouth. Don't you get it? Main road means good memories while alley means everything else. Alley's mouth means bad memories while venturing inside may produce more complex memories. So, a bad memory. Yes, there was one, a long time ago.

Onions. That's the first thing that get associated to bad food memories, in my mind. It looks round, bulbous and innocent. Yes, it does have the tendency to make people cry, but that's about it. At least that's what people say. I personally hate onions and anything associated with it. It's not that I refuse to eat it, I mean I do refuse to eat it but well even when I'm willing to eat it, it still comes out from my mouth. It's an automatic movement, much like a reflex. My father, on the other hand, does not favor yogurt or anything associated with it. Yes, he does not take mayonnaise.

This is how it happened. Apparently, there is an Indian dish that involves both onions and yogurt. It is present in many fine dining Indian restaurants as a salad that goes well with rice and curry. So, my father and me decided to have a challenge in which we had to each take a spoonful of the salad. My father went first, and he successfully downed the spoonful of salad. I went next, with a heavy heart but a willing mind. I swallowed it straightaway, not even wanting to think about the taste. Just as it was reaching my stomach, it took a U-turn and shot out of my mouth at top speed. No, it didn't come out as vomit, it just came out as it was, good as new. At that moment, I vowed to never challenge on onion matters, because the onion can strike back. I never trusted my digestive system since that day.

Till this day, I still remember the feeling when it came out of my mouth. Writing about this just makes me feel sick. The look on my parents face I cannot forget and I will never forget. Onion may be nice for many, but when they are disliked, their taste can be hard to forget. So, people in the world, please don't forget to like onions so that you don't end up in my situation.