I'm thankful for community strength

TaureanRandomer
I live in a society where not so long ago we were fighting each other simply for the reason we were from different denominations.....then as time went on the people who were fighting realised that this wasnt getting them anywhere and that if they killed or maimed a member of the opposing side, they could be pretty sure the same would happen to them. So they signed a treaty, a treaty of peace, a treaty that foresaw change, and so we all learned to live with each other, to "love thy neighbour" and to respect other veiws and opinions and in time we became welcoming of the peace and change and intergration that we had to get used to, and so things were good for a while. This all changed however this year......on the 12th of July there were riots that lasted a whole week, from that stemmed bombscares, actual bombs being planted and discriminatory articles in the media......as I heard bangs in the distance I felt like I had gone back in time to 20 years before...to the childhood my parents experienced..to the noises and experinces they had hoped I wouldn't have to endure. I thought it was over, I thought all the years of work in peace and moving forward were wiped out...until I watched the news..it was clip after clip of community members from both sides of the faith line saying that they cannot destroy us, they cannot break our peace and the bonds and friendships we have formed. At that moment I was filled with hope, hope that we weren't going to get caught in the past and that we would keep racing towards the future. So what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for the community strength that will ensure our peace and our progression