Food For Thought: Thanksgiving Dinner

Anthony Valencia
Usually, every year my family gets together for Thanksgiving. My family plans a day to get together either the day of Thanksgiving or before, if Thanksgiving is on a weekday. We all get together grandparents' house because it is the biggest house of all our family. Every person has to bring a favorite food they like, so everyone can try it. So, we usually have around 10 to 15 new foods every year. We set up everything outside, set up the table, hear up the food, and usually have a bonfire. We sit down, pray, and then start eating. We eat for about 2 hours and talk and have a good time. After we eat we have dessert, usually like cake, brownies, or flan. After we eat we usually play different games or sports. We all play different types of games and sports. Since every member of my family likes a different type of sport, we bring the object that is needed to play that games or sport. We have all types of games and sports, from basketball to soccer and from playing hide-and-seek to tag. We play for about 2 hours before we start the bonfire so there is time for the day to get dark. After we are all done playing we start the bonfire. We all sit around the bonfire and start telling stories and eat marshmallows. So, my family never has just one food, we have all different types of foods. After we are done celebrating the holiday, my whole family sleeps over at my grandparents' house. The next day we have breakfast and lunch then continue our regular schedule. This is how my family has a favorite food memory and how we celebrate holidays like Christmas and Thanskgiving.