I'm Thankful for My Life

marcus36
What I’m Most Thankful For
By: Marc Busko
I’m most thankful for life. I truly believe that life is a blessing and it is a privilege each day to wake up and live life to the fullest. Life is my opportunity to express myself through my energetic voice. My voice allows me to convey messages to students that deal with positivity, leadership, and why those two philosophies are so important in this day and age. Life allows me to use my actions to make my high school, community and world a better place to live.
I’m thankful for being alive, the 6,570 days that have made me into the person I am today. Every day is a genuine blessing. I am blessed to have lived the life I have always dreamed of. I am thankful for every person that has come into my life and has made a lasting impact on me. The parents, coaches, teachers and friends who have changed my life for the better, I appreciate every single one of them. It has and will always be a privilege for them to be in my life.
I am especially thankful for my family that I am a part of. My mom Denise, who has always been there for me, and who continues to help me in every phase of my life, whether it’s in athletics or with homework and even relationships, my mom has always been my “go to” person. I am thankful for my dad Ken, who has been the most influential person in my life. My dad is the reason why I am who I am today, and he shaped me into a young man that has truly grown over the past four years. He has made and continues to make sacrifices for his country through the military and I am so thankful for his service.
During this time of the year I like to reflect on what life has given to me, life has given me experiences that were meant to happen. “How you react to life experiences and how you live life day to day, is the person you will involve into. Your short-term tasks, multiplied by time, equal your long-term accomplishments. In other words, what you do each day, good or bad, adds up.” –Unknown
A sincere thank you can go a long way, it could make an individual’s day. A thank you shows your gratitude towards something or someone. So, have you thanked someone during November? This part of the year is a time of thanks, I am thankful for a lot of people and a lot of things. But there is nothing as important as being thankful for your life. I want to say “Thank You God for life.” Thank you.