STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Food For Thought: Friday Comes Around Once Again

OrginalUsername1799
Growing up in my home, my parents and I never really ate dinner at a table together. Not because we didn’t want to, but it had always become such a bad habit to simply eat in our rooms or just sit on the couch and watch television while eating. Yet there was one day where the family always got together and actually ate all together, that day was Friday. The reason for this gathering was the fact that my grandmother had decided to cook for us and of course we couldn’t say no. Whatever the meal was, regardless of whether we liked it or not, the family always seemed so happy to just be together and that was truly a beautiful thing to be a part of. Sitting around the table we don’t just sit down to eat, once we sit down that’s a time where we can just talk about whatever we want, from our daily stresses to what we were watching on TV that week. There was no end to the chatter, we even cracked jokes about each other even if they were slightly offending, but no one cares because that’s just what family does.
Along with that there is always the amazing food that my grandmother puts all her effort in making, to me it’s the best part of the night because seriously, who doesn’t love food? There are times when she will make food that really isn’t appealing to me, but my grandmother comes through by making me my favorite dish ever, eggs and rice. Now I know that sounds super plain, but trust me it is literally one of the best meals that I have ever had. You see I like my eggs sunny side up so I love the yolk, even though I know it’s bad for my cholesterol, then she makes the red rice which is just basically rice in tomato sauce although she somehow makes it seem so much better. Recently I haven’t eaten this dish, which really makes me sad as I have been longing for it. With this said, my grandma makes a lot of other delicious food that I will eat with out hesitation, or at least until my parents tell me that I have had enough. No matter how hard life may seem Friday is always a day that I can look forward too not because I don’t have school the next day but for the simple of enjoyment of eating with my family.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy