Food For Thought: My First Visit

TheClashofClansGuy
Food For Thought: My First Visit

There I was. The leathery seat underneath me crunched as I squirmed around impatiently. I was about seven at the time. My family had decided to go out to eat rather than cook food at home; consequently, we all went to Olive Garden. Being my first time going there, the restaurant’s bright lights bewildered and baffled me. Then, I stopped and listened to the music playing throughout the restaurant, huh classy. Nothing held my attention for more than a minute or so. This place was a wonderland for me.

Suddenly, a lady came out of nowhere. She was wearing a milky-white collared blouse and a apron to cover that. However, what caught my attention the most was her smile. Bright and white. She wouldn’t stop smiling, but that was fine with me. Overall, she was pretty nice. The lady took our orders and left just as suddenly as she arrived.

But then came the food. Oh, what a feast it was. the salad and bread sticks came first As they hit the table, my hand zoomed into overdrive and claimed the first stick of baked dough. I had no regrets. The bread was warm, buttery, and so good. It felt like a garlic-butter cloud had melted in my mouth. The taste of garlic lingered in my mouth, but I didn’t mind. I quickly downed the remaining fragment and proceeded to munch on another stick. After about three though, I went for the salad. Back then, I wasn’t much of a veggie -lover, but I got to admit: the caesar salad was great. The lettuce was the crunchiest it could ever be, the olives and tomatoes were fresh and juicy, and the italian dressing brought a sort of sour taste the could only be balanced by the presence of the cheese. It felt like an explosion of flavor for my taste buds. But my words can’t do the the taste justice.

About ten minutes into the food, I was already full. But then, the main courses came. And I got to say, what a banquet. I didn’t realize how much food I ordered, but like I said, the food was great. My order was the not so famous, but really popular Tour of Italy. That right there was a work of art. A breaded chicken breast, a four cheese lasagna, and a good amount of fettucini with marinara sauce. Now, that was a feast, right? My only complaints was that the chicken breast was a bit too dry, and the lasagna had a bit too much cheese. Other than that, the meal was perfect. “Fit for a king” is was yelled out as I tried to catch my breath. But the truth is, I never was able to finish my food. I thought that I would gag. But, I was content. I’ll never, forget that experience. Never.