Food For Thought

gstowe701
Food For Thought
Grace Stowe
November 17th, 2014

Food is really only a thing we need to survive. It's only things that we put into our body to refuel our energy source. But I think food has become much much more than that. I believe that we all have that ONE favorite food that can bring us back to tons and tons of old memories. With just one bite, your mind transcends back to the past of happiness and innocence, making the food taste even better. For me, it's my great grandma's homemade buttermilk brownies. The moment the chocolate cake and rich, creamy frosting hits my taste buds, I'm sent back to memories upon memories. When I was little after my mom would make the brownies and the frosting, she would always let me lick the extra frosting out of the pot and of course being a little kid, this was heaven. Each time I take a bite I feel like that little kid again tasting a slice of heaven. Then there's my grandmas holiday specialty, chocolate pudding with whip creme and a little brownie at the bottom. It was almost a race to see who could get to their brownie first, a delicious sense of accomplishment and victory.The point is, that that one bite can bring me all these happy memories and this is all just simply caused by food. It's weird to think about but food is practically our whole world.