STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Food for Thought: Airplane Food!

JSim0340
I was only about five to six years old when I went on my first airplane. It was a crazy experience for a young person like myself. It was my aunt, sister and me on a one-way flight to Russia. It was a twelve-hour flight and as you can imagine it is very boring for a young child. There are you two things I was looking forward to on the flight and that was the food and landing. So around half way in the flight, my aunt told me that the flight attendants were coming to ask us what we want to eat. I asked her to order for me and so she did. I didn't pay much attention to what she said so by the time the food got to me it was a complete surprise as to what it is. It wasn't some sort of amazing flaming dish, or some sushi, but instead it was a simple sandwich. The only thing that was on the sandwich was obviously the bread, the meat, and some mayo. When I took that first bite I couldn't believe the amazing taste in my mouth. The bread was soft and warm, the meat nice and tender, and just the right amount of mayo. When I was all done, I kept on asking my aunt for more. She was getting an earful and you can trust me on that. A little later on in the flight I settled down and was back to sitting on a boring flight. But all of a sudden I realized that I didn't know what kind of meat I just ate. So I decided to ask my aunt, who was the one who ordered the food, and I got a foreign language response which translates to Canadian bacon. I was so shocked because the only bacon I knew of was the ones that went on burgers. So after spending my month in Russia it was time to head home. As you can imagine I was looking forward to at some more wonderful bacon. Only at the time I didn't understand how airlines work and that not all airlines served the same food. I was so depressed when I found out halfway into the flight. From than on out, AirFrance became my favorite airline. I wonder how I remember this story sometimes but usually when I do remember it’s with a Canadian bacon sandwich in my hands. Even after ten years I'm still eating that wonderful piece of meat and it all started on one glorious airplane trip.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy