Food for Thought

arpiiskandaryan

Food for Thought

When I was little, I always remembered a tradition my whole family would have on my birthday. That tradition was that I would get an amazing dinner with everyone. We would always go to the restaurant Wood Ranch and get take out food from their because everyone knew that I loved eating their. This tradition has been going on since I was six years old, and I never get tired of it.
Every birthday that I have had, my mom has ordered the same meal, and the best part is that I loved eating those certain things before we ever started even getting the meal at the restaurant. The meal consisted of chicken legs, mashed potatoes, cream corn, and garlic bread. I would say that day of the year is one of the best because all of my family members come to my house, and we all sit at the table like a big family and have fun. Now when my birthday comes up, I don't need to say where I want to eat because everyone in my family knows what they're going to eat. Many people that I have told this tradition about has said to me, “Don't you get tired of eating that every year?” I always reply with no, because thats the only day we eat that meal, and I love eating it.
Im not the only one that has a specific food place to eat at on my birthday. On my older sisters birthday, we always eat at the Olive Garden. The reason she picked that place was because she loves pasta. On my moms birthday, we eat at Divine because she loves fancy food, and on my dads birthday, he always wants us to make him our homemade lasagna.
The most important thing at the end of any of my families birthday’s, is that were all together having a great time, and eating the food that we love. I am very thankful that we all have a memory that we can all look back on and cherish.