Food for Thought: Gone Vegetarian

ali_ccia
One day scrolling through facebook, I crossed a video documentary about animals. Of course, being me, and having a passion for animals I wanted to watch it. Though, that's what I THOUGHT. I did not want to watch that video.
It was about most factories kill and process animals for meat. And when I say it is very savage like as they abuse and slaughter the animals, with such force and passion, it really does seem so.
After watching the video, I decided to be a vegetarian. I wouldn't even touch meet.
The thing is; my parents didn't really support it. Actually, my dad didn't even want me to. He didn't support it all, and he was irritated about it. My sister, Aimee, said something about "God putting animals on the Earth for us to eat".
Even though I agreed, it didn't mean that we had to abuse them to eat them.
I actually stuck to being a vegetarian for six months, because my family didn't support it. Frankly, they don't support a lot that I do. That's none of my business though.. just kidding. Anyways, I always had to take care of what I was going to eat for my meals, buy it, and prepare it myself. They didn't help, really. Soon, it got really difficult and time consuming to actually pay attention to all the right balances of proteins and what not.
Comment by theawesometoris32

I loved your story,and I have too,had made the decision to be vegetarian after seeing a video about baby pigs being abused for making ham and bacon products. I understand your struggle of having to balance out your meals,it really is hard! Haha, good luck,my friend.
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 6:24:48 AM