Food for Thought

victorpompa1104
All food is great and it brings joy to many people. Food has many reasons for making people happy. One reason is that it brings back memories people have of a time in their life that was there favorite. When people take a bite of that special food, they start to remember the memories that make them whole. When I think of a food that brings me memories, I think of my mom’s Black Forest chocolate cake. It is her home made cake that is super special. The cake is chocolate with cherries in the middle and it has coffee icing on the outside. It has the greatest flavor that when I bite into my piece, all the memories of my childhood flow back. I remember all the memories of going to my grandparents and on a nice hot summer day my mom would make her cake. It makes me feel like I’m a little kid again. I take that bite and I remember so many things that I couldn’t remember if I didn’t have that cake. The icing lets me remember when I would sit and have hot cocoa on a cold winter day. The chocolate and cherries let me remember when on a hot summer day, me and my mom would share cherries and throw the seeds trying to make it in a cup far away. The chocolate gave me the memory of all the chocolate I ate when I was growing up, all the times I had a big smile when I bit into a big chocolate bar. I remember the first time I had her cake and every bite was savored to the last of the cake. This cake had a way of letting me remember the greatest times of my childhood. I love this cake because whenever I’m feeling down of just bad, I take a bite into that cake and instantly feel that happiness of my memories. I love the smell of the coffee icing that lets me drift away with my memories. Everybody has memories and we all remember them in a special way. Many people are brought back to those memories by food. They just lead us to the happiness and thrill of the past.