Food for Thought: The Turkey Bowl

AeroTot
Every week before the day of Thanksgiving, my family and I gather those who want to play football, and we have a Turkey Bowl. It is great. The boys of the family are the ones who go out and play, while the women stay to help make the food. We normally go and play in the streets, but since we live close to a practice football field, we most likely will go there this coming Turkey Bowl. It really is a good thing to do, because when it is the day of Thanksgiving, I fast and play football so that when I come back to eat, I can eat a lot. This has been a tradition with my family for about 2 years now. We don't play to win anything, except bragging rights, we play for fun. While we play, many great foods are being made. We have great foods such as ham, turkey, many pies, and my favorite, green bean casserole. It is the greatest festival of foods I have ever seen. My family consists of 12 people, and we use a long table for all that food that is made. It is great. This year, we will even invite my guardian's parents, which will bring the party to 14. Sure, it gets loud, but it is a great time for us. When we play football, it does get intense. I mostly play Running Back and Wide Receiver. I'm a force to be reckoned with. I am fast and very agile. I digress though, and when we near the end of the night of Thanksgiving, we sit down and watch movies. We will try and watch the movie, even though we will all be sleepy from the food. In the end, we all come together as a family and give thanks for all the things that have happened in our lives. It is a great day even ithout the football and food.