Food for Thought: Christmas

ron0822
Every Christmas, my parents and I would go to my grandma’s house in Las Vegas. When we get there we would help my grandma in the kitchen to set up the Christmas dinner. Any food supplies that she needed for the Christmas dinner, my dad would run to the store and get the supplies. My mom then stays back with my grandma to help her in the kitchen. I help my grandpa set the tables and chairs.

After I finished helping my grandpa, I would help out in the kitchen with my mom and my grandma. I would peel the potatoes and the carrots. I would wash the dirty plates and put it away. I also help my grandma make her gravy. My grandma’s gravy is the best gravy I’ve had. I would then set up the table by putting placemats, forks, knives, napkins, and plates on every side of the table. All the was missing was the food and everyone in their chairs.

When the whole family gets to grandmas house, would sit in the spots that we would want to sit. We start our dinner with a prayer and say how thankful we are the whole family is here. Each one of us would have our little talks to catch up about what we missed or didn't hear. I would also talk to my grandma about our plans for next summer. My dad would talk to grandpa about political stuff. My mom would talk to my cousin amber about clothes and designs.

After dinner, we would clean off the table and everyone would be diverge. There would be some family members in the living room and the other people will be in the family room having their conversations. Once we clean up the dinner table , we would have set up the desserts for everyone. All of the family would get my grandma's pumping pie because it was so good. Once is everyone is full and tired, they leave and say their goodbyes. The Christmas dinner brought us all together as a family.