STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Scar: Left on my leg after the accident

ron0822

In the summer of 2013, I just finished my 8th grade year. Everyone is going their separate ways to different high schools. Some of them, I will see again and some I won't,but everything has a new beginning. I was heading to Seattle to visit my cousins that summer. The plane took five hours to get to Seattle and I took a nap most of those five hours. When I woke up from the plane already landing in Seattle.

When I got out of the plane, I went outside of the airport to look for my aunt Beth and my cousins. I saw them quickly when I got out, so I gave them a hug. They helped me get my bag and put it in the back of the car. They also told me they got a scooter for me for my birthday present, I was excited when they said that to me. When we got home, we went straight to bed because it was already midnight.

The next day when I woke up, I washed my face and ate breakfast. My aunt Beth showed me the scooter that they got me and was already assembled by my uncle Blair. I went outside and rode it around until I saw these kids in the neighborhood doing scooter tricks. I was amazed by it and started doing some of them also. I tripped and fell while doing a trick, but didn't leave a mark on me. I was already tired doing all the spotter tricks, so I decided to call it a day.

The next day, my cousins and I went to the skate park. When we got there, I was afraid because of the ramps were steep and I thought that I would trip. I went off the ramp couple of times and I was fine, then I went to the three big steps because my cousins wanted me to jump it. I jumped it the first time and I didn't fall . I also did good on the big four steps. Then I finally went to try to jump the pyramid, which is four sided ramp combined. I jumped it, but fell of my scooter when I landed on the cement, I got a lot of scraps and injuries. My cousins were scared because of all the blood. I knew at that moment that I might never use the scooter again.

Days and days passed, I didn't use the scooter. By the last day on Seattle, my wounds were mostly healed , one injury was still left not healed. I have not scooted again since that accident. My wounds healed within weeks. I almost forgotten the about the accident until I saw a scar on my leg. I knew from that moment the scar will a story behind it. I guess every scar on your body has a story behind it.

Rate this:
Comment by posa52

"I guess every scar on your body has a story to it." That sentence stands out to me the most. I really enjoyed your story! I must ask you, have you used a scooter at all since the accident?
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:26:10 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy