Scar: Left on my leg after the accident

ron0822

In the summer of 2013, I just finished my 8th grade year. Everyone is going their separate ways to different high schools. Some of them, I will see again and some I won't,but everything has a new beginning. I was heading to Seattle to visit my cousins that summer. The plane took five hours to get to Seattle and I took a nap most of those five hours. When I woke up from the plane already landing in Seattle.

When I got out of the plane, I went outside of the airport to look for my aunt Beth and my cousins. I saw them quickly when I got out, so I gave them a hug. They helped me get my bag and put it in the back of the car. They also told me they got a scooter for me for my birthday present, I was excited when they said that to me. When we got home, we went straight to bed because it was already midnight.

The next day when I woke up, I washed my face and ate breakfast. My aunt Beth showed me the scooter that they got me and was already assembled by my uncle Blair. I went outside and rode it around until I saw these kids in the neighborhood doing scooter tricks. I was amazed by it and started doing some of them also. I tripped and fell while doing a trick, but didn't leave a mark on me. I was already tired doing all the spotter tricks, so I decided to call it a day.

The next day, my cousins and I went to the skate park. When we got there, I was afraid because of the ramps were steep and I thought that I would trip. I went off the ramp couple of times and I was fine, then I went to the three big steps because my cousins wanted me to jump it. I jumped it the first time and I didn't fall . I also did good on the big four steps. Then I finally went to try to jump the pyramid, which is four sided ramp combined. I jumped it, but fell of my scooter when I landed on the cement, I got a lot of scraps and injuries. My cousins were scared because of all the blood. I knew at that moment that I might never use the scooter again.

Days and days passed, I didn't use the scooter. By the last day on Seattle, my wounds were mostly healed , one injury was still left not healed. I have not scooted again since that accident. My wounds healed within weeks. I almost forgotten the about the accident until I saw a scar on my leg. I knew from that moment the scar will a story behind it. I guess every scar on your body has a story behind it.

Comment by posa52

"I guess every scar on your body has a story to it." That sentence stands out to me the most. I really enjoyed your story! I must ask you, have you used a scooter at all since the accident?
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:26:10 PM