STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Identity: Who I am.

raeedahmed
I am a person who is going through life learning constantly, being shaped by those around me. So far, I think I’ve turned out pretty good. The people who really shaped me to be who I am are my parents, they have taught me so many different things. I would describe myself as a nice, kind, generous, happy and extremely energetic person. One more thing I should add is I can be a tad mischievous at times. I do things once in a while that I have fun doing and gives others around me a good laugh too. I act foolish and do things once in a while that I find funny.
I have done a lot of foolish things so far in my life. A few of them were crazy enough to have it stuck in people’s memories. When I was really young, I went to a really beautiful farm for a visit with my family. The view was just amazing. Bright green grass covered the fields, the sky had a beautiful light blue color and there was a beautiful breeze that just makes you smile. Now this may not be something I did intentionally, but nevertheless it was still funny. Somewhere on the farm, there were these pups that were plating with each other and their mother. I went up to one of the puppies and watched it for a while. It was small, had a tail with the resemblance of a spring. It was brown and white in some places. I don’t know why I did this, but I suddenly took it by the tail and swung it around and then threw it somewhere. It made a soft whimpering noise when I held it and had ran away as fast as it could when I let it go. Now that I look back at it, I find it funny but also feel really sorry because I love animals a lot. Even today my family members talk about it once in a while. Another prank I did that was memorable was when I pranked a friend. We were having a party, and I noticed a lot of drink bottles for everybody. At that moment an idea sparked in my head. I took a Mentos I found, pierced a hole through it and put a piece of string through it. I then opened a new bottle soon to be opened by him and put the Mentos under the bottle cap in a way that it would drop when he opened it. When it was time for him to open it I stepped back and watched as the bottle of coke gushed out at least a feet up and got all over him. He was a good friend so he wasn’t mad at me or anything. I also helped him clean up so at least I didn’t leave a mess.
Who I am is a nice, kind person who likes to have fun and enjoy things. I fool around sometimes, but I know my limits. I respect people and know my boundaries. So far Life has shaped me into good person, but I hope it keeps shaping me to be even greater person in the future. This is who I am.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy