STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Identity: Who am I?

[email protected]
I am Jake Gammon. I was born on January 8th, 1999 in San Diego California. I have attended private, catholic schools my entire life and I tend to think of myself as someone who is very privileged. I come from a middle class family all the way down the family tree. My mom had an aneurism at the age of 12 and she is now paralyzed in her left hand. This has caused her to have an issue with seizures but she is now doing very well. The doctors became concerned when she was pregnant with me because of her medicine and her seizures. They thought that there was no doubt that I would either be deformed or have a mental learning disability. Now I am a straight A student with no deformities or mental disabilities. I was one of the lucky ones who turned out to be above average rather than below. Nobody can be more proud of myself than my parents though. The way that they have raised me has truly been a major factor in how I deal with life day to day. My mom keeps me very organized while my dad keeps me active with baseball. I have played baseball since I was five years old and I was always considered to be very good at it, so you can see why my dad takes such heart into my love for baseball. I am now planning on going to college in a few years and staying in college for however long it takes to achieve the goal that I set for myself. I love nature more than the city, I love classic rock and modern rock, and I love getting lost in my thoughts. I set myself apart from most people because I want to be the leader of my own future and not a follower of somebody else’s future. My ultimate life goal is to be happy with my job, my family, and myself. Those are my three main ideas to a happy and successful life. That is who I strive to be. I am working diligently to make that happen and enjoying the trip along the way. That is who I am today.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy