Identity: Who am I?

[email protected]
I am Jake Gammon. I was born on January 8th, 1999 in San Diego California. I have attended private, catholic schools my entire life and I tend to think of myself as someone who is very privileged. I come from a middle class family all the way down the family tree. My mom had an aneurism at the age of 12 and she is now paralyzed in her left hand. This has caused her to have an issue with seizures but she is now doing very well. The doctors became concerned when she was pregnant with me because of her medicine and her seizures. They thought that there was no doubt that I would either be deformed or have a mental learning disability. Now I am a straight A student with no deformities or mental disabilities. I was one of the lucky ones who turned out to be above average rather than below. Nobody can be more proud of myself than my parents though. The way that they have raised me has truly been a major factor in how I deal with life day to day. My mom keeps me very organized while my dad keeps me active with baseball. I have played baseball since I was five years old and I was always considered to be very good at it, so you can see why my dad takes such heart into my love for baseball. I am now planning on going to college in a few years and staying in college for however long it takes to achieve the goal that I set for myself. I love nature more than the city, I love classic rock and modern rock, and I love getting lost in my thoughts. I set myself apart from most people because I want to be the leader of my own future and not a follower of somebody else’s future. My ultimate life goal is to be happy with my job, my family, and myself. Those are my three main ideas to a happy and successful life. That is who I strive to be. I am working diligently to make that happen and enjoying the trip along the way. That is who I am today.