Identity: Finding Myself in High School

ron0822
Identity; Finding myself in High school

Hello my name is Ronoel Rorman and all last year, I was trying to discover who I'm and where do I belong in this school. Am I a geek, nerd, popular, weird, or the anti-social one? High school can be a tough place, you get judged on how you look and the way you act. You also meet new people that you have never seen. The hard part is making new friends.

My first- two weeks of high school was terrible. When I started high school, I only knew a few people from my old school. I was lost finding my classes and didn't know how to open my locker. Teachers mispronounce my name. I got a dress code for not wearing the right outerwear. I didn't know where to sit or hang out with at lunch. I felt like an outsider that week.

Between my second and third week of high school is when I made some new friends. Making friends for me was not easy. I just had a little bit confidence when I started talking to someone. I introduce myself and ask what is their hobby and favorite show or movie. I just got started talking about that topic if I knew what it was. I did the same technique of meeting new people through my six classes and it worked. I finally had friends to hang out at lunch. A little confidence is what it takes to make new friends.

It was the Friday of the fourth week of high school, where we meet for the first time OLP girls at the football games in Mesa College. OLP is an all girls school with no boys. It's like meeting new people, but instead it's talking to a girl and starting a conversion. When you talk to girls for us freshman, we have to get their number in order to talk to them. The first time I talked to a girl I was scared and that didn't go so well. The second I talked to a girl went well by using the technique I used to get friends and the rest followed. That night I was so happy that I got a lot of OLP girl's number and got meet them.

During the fifth week of high school, when I found out who I am. I'm the one who likes to take risks in meeting new people. I have confidence talking to girls and I am not afraid anymore. I'm not an anti-social person, but an outgoing one and like to go to places or events. I'm not popular guy or a geek, but someone that could get along with anyone and I could hangout with them. I finally know who I am and the people I like to hang out with.