Identity: Withheld

meenakshi jain
Who am I? I am more than myself. Someone as harsh as thunder but when needed as tender as a bud. For the evil will always see me growl and may consider me venomous yet for the virtuous I am that sheltering tree which pacifies the anxious minds and conciliates the weary souls.
Climbing the stairs of life I have evolved as what I am today. Different experiences have carved out a totally different me. Under the same skin now lies a new person.
To me, everybody around is as much important as my family and so I want to establish my identity which connects me with them. Neither do I have any ideals nor do I follow anybody's footsteps. I just listen to my heart and pave my own path which creates my unique identity. I want to be that unusual whom people may look upto and make this unique identity of mine universal.
My identity can be compared to those high mountains whose peak touches the magnificent indigo sky but at the same time it remains down to the Earth with it's simplicity without losing it's serenity. I am that fire which can destroy every bit, but I am also that drop of water with which you can quench your prolonged thirst.
My family considers me the cherry of the pie, while for my colleagues I am that pinch of salt without which even the most delicious cuisine is tasteless.My presence is the essence of many lives. Hence for them it's my caring soft corner which makes my idendity.
People come and go; they say many things and may have varied opinions but my reality is still withheld. I want people to identify me as someone who brought a difference to the world. I want this identity of mine to be inspirational and to be echoed through generations.
My unique identity is still withheld to me, but very soon that day will come when my identity will be revealed. And I make sure that then even you will be able to answer "who am I?".