Identity: To be or not to be, the change

Eagle33
Among the later months of summer this year, I witnessed a rather breathtaking experience, and it will be stained on my eyes for all of my days. My parents and I were hiking in the mountains at the Kennesaw Mountain Battle Grounds, simply taking in all that God has to offer, pausing in mid-stride every five minutes to soak in the view of the wilderness. A peaceful day it had already been, when suddenly a rather large object appeared in my peripheral vision. A jaw-dropping doe was openly grazing in the woods possibly ten yards from the edge of the path. Slowly, she rolled her neck up, leading with her petite shoulders, and stared me straight in the eyes. My true spirit was revealed and abandoned out in the open, leaving it vulnerable for change. The two of us froze as if instructed to pose for a photo, yet I could see nothing. All was hazy and insignificant in that moment, except her eyes for they were remarkably large. The angel stood there gazing into me and me into her; it was that moment I witnessed pure innocence. That doe only knew a constant state of serenity, freedom, and safety.

Unfortunately, the journey only lasted moments; the doe gently returned to her meal, rolling her neck back down ever so lightly, leading with the head. Little did I know this blessing had one more surprise in store for my melted soul. Gracefully, she floated perhaps thirteen yards to the left and began to graze again. This time I spaced only five yards from the immaculate creature, which led me to feel as though her warm embrace was brushing against me; so pure, yet still I faintly stand staring from a distance.

As a result from this miraculous experience, my beliefs towards life have been permanently sealed. Fellow human, my identity is my own and I have chosen not to be who society wants me to be. My decision is to go backpacking, mountain climb, to soar like the free bald eagle once I reach the peak, jump out of moving objects, jump onto moving objects, go face to face with a wild animal, and swim with a haunting shark. Overall, I will be so adventurous it will most likely be the death of me, but at least I am actually living and not just alive. Truthfully, is one really living if they aren't living? I vow to make a stand against life as it is and explore the earth before man has finished the destruction it started. Be aware: I am the change.