Identity: Others' opinion or your decision.

Juliet Dauda
I always say to myself: "I am me and no one can change that"
Well, if only I can believe and genuinely accept this, then I'll be way ahead of my copy-cat of a self.
Everyday I wonder why cant I be like Faith, who gets good maths grades as if she is a prof in form of a student.
Cant I just be like Promise, the beautiful and perfect one, who has got everything working out as expected?
I sing one of the most complicated songs in the musical band but no one applauds me the way they "Bravo! Bravo!" Sandra who sings nothing but local songs.
I am the girl who impresses her teacher with her maths classworks but confuses the teacher with her exams scripts.
I am the girl who wants to be perfect but ends up acting like an educated illiterate.
I am the girl who wants to sing best but instead i get to end the song coughing.
When I got to know what Oscar Wilde said "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" I realised that I have been a photocopy of many people I've come acrossed.
I hid the Juliet I am and have become a Faith, a Sandra, a Promise, a Hannah, a Patience and the list continues.
I decided to quenched the jealousy, and kindled a light of confidence in myself.
And now despite the fact that I am not done knowing who I am completely, I know that I AM JULIET AND MY WEAKNESS (to people) IS MY UNIQUENESS.