Identity: Human

laurenunger
I am allowed to cry as much as I want. I’m allowed to scream at the top of my lungs, when I get angry. I am allowed to feel pain, when others have hurt me. I’m allowed to feel the love that we are all destined to find and I am allowed to make mistakes, as long as I learn from them. I am allowed to feel and do all of these things because I m nothing, but human. That’s who I am and I couldn’t be more proud of it.

It’s hard to believe, but some people go home every day and can’t even look in the mirror because they hate who they are. This comes from our society putting labels on us; defining us by our appearance, our quirky personalities, and on our imperfections. At the end of the day however, these are the things that make us human. If you don’t go through heartbreak, bullying, and rejection then how do you expect to make it in the world? Because sooner or later, whether you like it or not, you’re going to have to face them. It’s easier to run away and hide, but what are you learning from that; absolutely nothing. You have to be able to have the courage to overcome all the obstacles that come your way, to the best of your abilities. It’s ok to cry and get angry as you go through these hardships because as I said before, we are only humans and that’s what we do. However, it’s not ok to just give up on who you are or surrender yourself to the bullies of the world. You have to be able to carry yourself with dignity, pride, and self-confidence. Do not be ashamed of who you are, but instead be proud that you are able to live on this magnificent world as a human being, who can feel all these beautiful and sometimes ugly feelings.

So now the next time someone asks you: Who are you? You can stare them right in the face and say, “that I am nothing less than a beautiful human being”.