Identity: Not Just Me

Orzee
I am unique. I enjoy acting and love having a good time, but nothing makes me happier than helping others succeed. I have found that everyone gets into tough spots in their lives and need a hand to get through them. It may be as simple as reviewing an essay, or giving valuable advice to those in a sticky situation. Instead of leaving people to wallow in their own problems, like a man who fell overboard, I am always willing to throw them a life preserver and swim out to help them. I understand myself as a supporter, feeding off of happiness. This probably came from my hobby as an actor. Ever since I can remember, I have been in plays. I just love the idea of being able to portray different personalities, and it has actually helped me find better empathy towards unique individuals. I constantly help others find their way, discover a passion, and push them towards their dreams. Often, though, it’s the less successful ones, the student sitting alone at lunch, that I proceed to aid. I discovered this in the seventh grade when I just couldn’t stand seeing one of my fellow classmates sitting alone at lunch, day after day after day. So, naturally, I decided to sit with him and I continued to sit with him daily. My friends approached me, one day, and asked why I kept sitting with him. I told them that I couldn’t live everyday knowing that he would sit in solitude with no one to talk to or share stories with. I quickly realized who my real friends were and I lost a few ones that day. I played many roles during my acting career, and one of those was a social outcast. So sympathizing with him was easier to me than anyone else. But I am not just a person who lives to help others out, for that’s just my nature. Truthfully, I am in pursuit towards my life and my identity. I believe that everyone – not just me – should live to make mankind better, to improve upon the way of life that humans have created for thousands of years. Millions of people just want to be remembered, but I want to make a difference. As famously quoted by Gandhi, I want to be the change I see in the world. Right now, I am at the point in my life where I choose who I want to be and what I want to do. I want to entertain and tell people everything is going to be okay, because in the end, we are all the same. We get up everyday. We have worries. We have troubles. I live to see people through those problems. I want to lighten the load and help lift the burden of struggle. Whether it is putting on a show, making people laugh, or giving advice, I live to make others happy, and if I don’t succeed, I try again.