Identity: Lessons Learned

miranda.jackson
There is no other person I know how to be than Miranda. Why would I want to be anyone else? I am in control how my identity is perceived by others.
We look at people and often characterize them by the way they speak, look, or what a person shows on the outside. People only show what they want others to see. What is on the inside can be a total adverse identity in contrast to their exterior. The constant changing of likes and dislikes throughout teenage years causes so much confusion. For me, the people that have came into my life and drastically altered it made me who I am. There are a few good and a few bad, but in the long run, they have all in some way helped me realize what I am capable of accomplishing by myself. My best friends,father, and a friend that is now a stranger play a major role in the formation of who Miranda truly is.
The experiences that I have gone through make me a better person and helped me figure out who I really am. My best friends bring out the best in me. They make me laugh, laugh until I cry, and most importantly, are there for me whenever I need them. Each one of them add into the foundation of my identity as Miranda. The girl who is always smiling and loves to laugh. My father is the biggest role model in my life who has taught me to always treat people the way I want to be treated no matter the circumstances, because the way I treat someone reflects who I really am. Despite all of the positive in my life, the bad outweigh the good in terms of lessons learned. One person that I will never forget is no longer a friend, but I will always remember what I got out of the situation. Never believe everything said, only halfway. Friends come and go.
However, I can not be defined by only a small amount of qualities. I am constantly changing whether it be my mood, clothes or taste in music. Maybe, I do not even know who I really am, or the way I see myself others do not. The significance of the people who have made an impact on my life help shape me everyday. Bettering myself is the main goal I strive to achieve. Identity, to me, is not what makes someone who they are, but how someone is from experiences.