This City is a Fairy-tale

ciaobella14
each glimmer shows a blessing
from the city that stole my heart
you can't see them from a window
separation from the magic

every droplet reveals secrets
of the life in every light
of the revving of the tires
against the current of the noise
and the movement of the buildings'
reflections in the water
in the glasses on the rooftops
in the bubbles in the goblets
the reflection of the swaying
to the hum of our desire
and the dance of every tongue
splurging lux unwritten stories

in the city of no sleeping
new life revives throughout
in the tracks above the skyline
in the twirling of the dusk
squinting blurs the image
yet hurry heightens lust
and awnings embrace gentle dampness
above the studios in the Village

and the blinking lights of love and life
continue with their shifting
their turning and their speeding
impatience fills the air
each crystal mirror falling
dripping city secrets
some mine not for telling
for trust remains within

vast doors throughout this city
entice those not expecting
surprises drip from lampposts
under staircases
on the landing
our feelings melt so simply
made concise and hopeful
in the shimmer on the pavement
you find innocence again

in a city that is sleepless
known for apples in the stands
and for yellow cabs impatient
for the businesswoman's hand
Radiating successes
there's magic all around
at a stoplight or a platform
when we pause the rush

and take such surroundings
letting bliss surge electric
infatuation billboard-bright
with the fairy-tale of the city
with the shimmer and the sparkle
and the honks and commuter shuffle
and i refuse to fall asleep
in a place that's such a thief

yet i know that i am foolish
for my heart has already merged
with every story of discovery
I stay awake exploring
lured by glamour, crazy movement
my desires sleep in droplets
waiting to be found.

Please check out my blogs! xx
classandthecity.wordpress.com
fczochanski.blogspot.com
Comment by stardustdreamer18

Wow, this is absolutely incredible! I'm a young poet, I'm trying to get back into it after I stopped for awhile. I was wondering if you might have any advice for me? I'm also thinking about writing a novel; I usually just write short stories. If you do have the time to give me some tips, here are some of the questions I have.
How do you deal with writer's block?
What kinds of things inspire your work?
Where do you usually write?
Do you ever doubt/harshly critique your work and feel like giving up?
How did you get into writing/when did you start, and how and what has made you better?
Just any tips/advice you've learned?
I'm so sorry if I'm bothering you, you definitely don't need to answer if you don't want to! I've just been looking through your work and its really amazing, so I'll take any advice and use it. Thank you so much, I know this sounds cheesy, but your work is super inspiring. :)
(Also, just an fyi, you won't find any of my poetry or "good" work on my blog right now, I don't really feel comfortable posting my work publicly).
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 4:10:08 AM