What stresses me out most is losing

hersheygirl
You have this connection that you cannot explain you have this connection that carries you through the day. He is your knight in shining armor, the one man you know that will never break your heart. Then one Sunday morning you awake to the rain dripping down your window and the fog hanging like death in the air. Something is not right, you go to find your one true light in all the darkness in the world, but you cannot find him. What stresses me out most is losing someone who means the world to you. That day is crystal clear; it feels like it was just yesterday. When that man you call your hero, your friend, your father is now nothing but a hole in the ground. What stresses me out is not being about to have his warm embrace, knowing that he will never smile and say your name ever again. But what really makes the feeling of a knife cutting through my heart is knowing that I never said goodbye. How would you feel when you had a connection to someone that you cannot explain and you love them more than life itself, but when they are gone how you would feel? Every time it rains I think of it as tears from him, like he is showing me that he still is here and he still cares. Looking at his face a man so brave, so gentle, so loving a tear slips out of my eyes and falls onto his deceased hands and I feel a strong connection one again. He may not be here but he is still in my heart. What stresses me out most is knowing that he will never be here in the flesh every again and there is nothing I can do to change that. In order to deal with the pain of his passing I turn to God and pray to him to relieve me suffering. Sometimes it works yet other times the pain remains. Stress of losing a loved one is like feeling the weight of the world crushing down on your shoulders and no matter what you do the weight never goes away. That knight in shining armor the other day just fought his last battle and he has died a hero in you eyes. Now he will never be more than just a connection a presence that you can feel but you can never tough ever again.
Comment by bugcandy

Wonderful essay.

I personally wanted to let you know that your essay is one of the finalists from the October the writing contest about student stress.

We'll be announcing the winner on this page soon:
http://www.stageoflife.com/Student_Stress.aspx

Thanks for sharing your story on StageofLife.com. We look forward to seeing more of your essays!

Eric
CEO, Stage of Life
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:17:15 PM
Comment by etiquetteguy

What a beautifully written piece on a subject so difficult to put into words. Thanks for sharing.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 12:24:04 PM

This was very well done considering the very difficult subject matter. Reading this brought a tear to my eyes and the impact of my own personal experiences to heart. Assuming this is reflective of your own experience, I wish you the best and honor the courage in your words.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:20:00 PM
Comment by jazzyshea1008

I am very close to my father, and reading this really touched my heart. It brought tears to my eyes reading the beautifl words that you put on paper. Thank you
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 2:55:17 AM