STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

What stresses me out most is losing

hersheygirl
You have this connection that you cannot explain you have this connection that carries you through the day. He is your knight in shining armor, the one man you know that will never break your heart. Then one Sunday morning you awake to the rain dripping down your window and the fog hanging like death in the air. Something is not right, you go to find your one true light in all the darkness in the world, but you cannot find him. What stresses me out most is losing someone who means the world to you. That day is crystal clear; it feels like it was just yesterday. When that man you call your hero, your friend, your father is now nothing but a hole in the ground. What stresses me out is not being about to have his warm embrace, knowing that he will never smile and say your name ever again. But what really makes the feeling of a knife cutting through my heart is knowing that I never said goodbye. How would you feel when you had a connection to someone that you cannot explain and you love them more than life itself, but when they are gone how you would feel? Every time it rains I think of it as tears from him, like he is showing me that he still is here and he still cares. Looking at his face a man so brave, so gentle, so loving a tear slips out of my eyes and falls onto his deceased hands and I feel a strong connection one again. He may not be here but he is still in my heart. What stresses me out most is knowing that he will never be here in the flesh every again and there is nothing I can do to change that. In order to deal with the pain of his passing I turn to God and pray to him to relieve me suffering. Sometimes it works yet other times the pain remains. Stress of losing a loved one is like feeling the weight of the world crushing down on your shoulders and no matter what you do the weight never goes away. That knight in shining armor the other day just fought his last battle and he has died a hero in you eyes. Now he will never be more than just a connection a presence that you can feel but you can never tough ever again.
Rate this:
Comment by bugcandy

Wonderful essay.

I personally wanted to let you know that your essay is one of the finalists from the October the writing contest about student stress.

We'll be announcing the winner on this page soon:
http://www.stageoflife.com/Student_Stress.aspx

Thanks for sharing your story on StageofLife.com. We look forward to seeing more of your essays!

Eric
CEO, Stage of Life
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:17:15 PM
Rate this:
Comment by etiquetteguy

What a beautifully written piece on a subject so difficult to put into words. Thanks for sharing.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 12:24:04 PM
Rate this:
Comment by DarkStar49

This was very well done considering the very difficult subject matter. Reading this brought a tear to my eyes and the impact of my own personal experiences to heart. Assuming this is reflective of your own experience, I wish you the best and honor the courage in your words.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:20:00 PM
Rate this:
Comment by jazzyshea1008

I am very close to my father, and reading this really touched my heart. It brought tears to my eyes reading the beautifl words that you put on paper. Thank you
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 2:55:17 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy