My Hero is my Aunt

tommykirkland
Life faces everyone with personal struggles or issues. Families all over the United States are trying to cope with the tough economy, war in Afghanistan, and poor housing statistics. When the days are long and times are troubling it is good for future generations to have someone to look up toward, for hope and inspiration for a better tomorrow. I myself look up to my aunt as my hero. She does whatever possible to supply all five of her kids with the necessities and wants that we all wish to obtain. As well as remains positive through these hard ships and sets herself as an example.
The average American works about 30-40 hours a week. Being the person that she is my aunt is about your average American and works 65-80 hours a week as a waitress and bartender. Why does she work so much? With five kids ranging in age from two to eight-teen there are a lot of needs and desires each of us want and being the selfless person she is she does what she needs to, to provide us with all of these things. For example my older cousin just graduated and got accept into UCF college, and though she received bright futures full paid, there were still several things that my aunt had to financially pay for without taking out student loan’s. In order to do so she worked even more over time then she already does on a weekly basis in order to cover everything. Her character and dedication to her children is admirable and something that I look up to.
Though the economy and raising prices in food, gas, clothes, and standard living over all has increased in price my aunt still finds away to remain positive and up beat about the current situations. When ever we asked her when we were younger, “Amy why do you always work so much?” She would always reply “Because I want to better your future, so that you don’t have to work as hard as I do to provide for your family.” For me now being able to understand this, makes her my hero. Without her being as strong and putting her family first I wouldn’t be where I am today, and I would not have it as easy as I do now. Though she gives up family time, she still tries to be as big of a part of our lives as much as possible. And I have yet to understand how she does it.
What makes her my hero is that she saves me from the hardships of today’s world. She better equips me for the future, and to have materials and access to what I need to be successful in life. She sacrifices a lot to provide me and my four cousins to have what we need and want. As well as stays positive and keeps us hopeful. This is why my aunt is my hero.