My hero is Mirzet

Majda22
He did not have much growing up. He was born in a third world country as the oldest of five children. When his parents separated, it was his responsibility to act as the father figure before he was even ten years old. Nevertheless, he succeeded in making a better life for himself and for his family. He is brave, smart, strong, and a true inspiration. My father is and always has been one of my greatest heroes.
When the war in Bosnia erupted, my older sister and I were just infants. My fathered remained working in Bosnia while he sent us, along with out mother, to live in Germany. As hard as it was, he understood that the only way to keep his family safe was to get us as far away as possible from the dangers of war. My father joined us in Germany eventually and over the years the turmoil in Bosnia calmed down, allowing us to move back to our home country that was now torn to shreds and destroyed economically. We were home, however, my father still wanted more for us.
In 2000, my father made the biggest decision of his life. Knowing only a few word of English, he decided it was in our family’s best interest to move to the United States. I remember my parents taking English lessons and my father having countless different jobs, yet he was always there for us in hopes to giving us everything he never had.
I will never forget the struggles my family and I faced in order to live a comfortable life in countries that were foreign to us. What I know I will never forget are the sacrifices my father has made for us, the hard work he puts into everything, and the motivation he has to provide us with a better life. For that I am truly thankful.