My Hero Is Bernadette Parrett

kala_nicole
Explosions, facing speeding bullets, saving earth, these are what one is programmed to believe a hero does. My hero has never survived an explosion, faced any bullet at all, or even attempted to save the earth but has accomplished more than any marble superhero put together. My mom has the courage to stand up for what she believes, and never would she thinkto give up on her kids, and regardless of how little my family let her know we appreciate her she never doubts herself or her abilities.
My mom seems to always have everything together. Although nothing has ever come easy my mom has not once complained. Not many people are willing to stay in a loveless marriage, smile about it, and pretend not to feel so alone for the sake of those they care about. My mom did it for ten years. Never thinking about how he's hurt her, how much she had to work to support us, or the amount of tears she shed but always looking for a brighter tomorrow.
Holding down a household with a teenager and two very impreesionabl kids would make the mightiest of parents dwindle to their wits end. Boarding schools, and military camps were always options available for my mom. We always had money for it, and the more I acted out, lied, and hurt my family the more that became to be the only reasonable solution. My mom never sent me away or quit on me. When my mom got pregnant for me she might as well have been supporting herself. She had a job, didn't need to depend on anyone but herself, and had everyt intention of raising me. One would think that a grandparent would be excited about their first born grandchild but my dads mom offered me mother abortion money. My mom chose to save my lie, even though getting rid of me would be ten times easier; she chose to have me and love endlessly.
Every superhero has some weakness. Superman has kryptonite and spiderman loses his abilities when he doesn't believe in himself, but my mom has no weakness. She loves hard, works hard, and when things got tough she survives it all. Without my mom i wouldn't know the definition of invincible.