My Hero is Maurice Jones Drew

gatorsrock15
My Hero is Maurice Jones Drew

People and kids look up to hero’s because they are supposed to set a good example for the common youth. That’s why I decided to pick Maurice Jones Drew who plays running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars in the National Football League. The reason I picked Maurice Jones Drew is first he plays football my favorite sport to play and watch, but also he is not the biggest player but did not let that stop on his way to his dream of being in the NFL one day.

Maurice Jones Drew is only 5 ft. 6’ and is already in the professional league and is currently the third ranked running back in all of the National Football League. In the year 2006 he was the 2nd round draft pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars and in the 2009 year he was picked to play in the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is where the best of the best players from each league go to see which league has the best players and which league is the better of the two. For Jones Drew to get into the NFL he had to work out all day and everyday so he could be strong enough to break tackles and make an impact in the National Football League and that took persistence and ambition as well as determination to achieve his dream and goal. Furthermore Maurice is a stand-up guy and will admit if he’s wrong or admits his mistakes if he fumbles or something. At the same time he lets mistakes go and just worries about the next play.

Another thing is, he plays in the city of Jacksonville, which only has a football stadium from the professional level and most people are football fans here and the team as whole isn’t very good. However Maurice Jones Drew is a guy who would never give up and has a never say die kind of attitude and really is the only player on the team with that kind of spirit and determination. And by that I mean even with his team down by a bunch he still moves through the defense with so much power and strength and always puts his health on the line just to entertain all the fans and get the crowd going and pumped and fired up all throughout the game. Usually he gets a lot of publicity from national sports network and opposing coaches that he plays against.

So to recap Maurice Jones Drew who plays running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars in the NFL is the player I decided to pick as my hero. He plays football my favorite sport, never quits or gives up no matter the score, plays on my favorite team, and is a stand-up guy. He doesn’t let his size get in the way of his football dream. So who answers as your hero, and what impact does he have on your life?