My Hero is my Mom

[email protected]
Matt Rybeck
9-25-10
1st Period
HERO ESSAY

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role model and she has always been there for me.
Although many people have role models and idolize those that are famous I try and model myself after that of my mother. This is because she has never done wrong in my eyes. She has always made the decisions that put others first and the ones that ensure the safety and best interest of her family. That to me means that she is a very caring person. She has provided for me and my brother, as a single parent, all of the things that we have needed. There have been many other people in her situation who have quit and given up. But my mom has fought hard for our family and for me. With virtually no help from anyone else my mom has raised my brother and me. This has been a very taxing task for her and looking back upon it I am very thankful that she has always been there for me.
In addition to my mom always being there for me she has also inspired me. She has been setting examples for me to follow since I was little. She has been there to set rules for me and guide me. She as been there to catch me when I fall and to help me get back up when I need it. She has done all of this without asking for anything in return. She has done it all out of the good of her heart. I have never heard her complaining about getting me from baseball practice or getting my brother from soccer. She did it because she wanted the best for my brother and me. No one else in my life has helped me as much as she has.
She is my hero because she has made me into who I am today. Without my mom I would not have had any of the values that she has instilled in me over the years. I would not know the virtues of good will and family. I will never be able to repay my mother for the things that she has given to me and the things that she has done for me. I can only one day hope to be this big of a hero for my own children.
Comment by JesusLover69

i really like moist grapefruits in my hands, they make me feel salty
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 4:09:33 PM
Comment by JesusLover69

big nice warm glass of milk
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 4:14:04 PM