My Hero is Lady Gaga

VampDude
My hero is Lady Gaga because she is openly unique and does not care what others think about her. She also takes frequent political standings to support her ideals. She is a driving force in today’s society and I idolize her because she is easy for me to relate to. I find a deep connection to her, in the sense that she shares my personality.
The major reason Lady Gaga is my hero is the way she expresses herself. Through her costumes and music, she has defined a specific sense of individuality. She is openly weird and thrives off the fact that people think so. I relate to this because I also like to express myself in a way that most people consider odd. I admire Lady Gaga because even though she receives constant criticism, she maintains her pride. Her costumes and performances are out of the ordinary, and her way of expressing herself is something I can deeply relate to. If I were as famous as she is now, there is no doubt that I would be acting similarly.
The other reason I admire Lady Gaga is the way she takes a stance. She is frequently seen promoting her ideas and supporting various national movements. For example, Lady Gaga is a proud member of PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. She constantly makes her opinion known, projecting her voice loud and clear. Recently, she has made a national uproar by going to a political rally in Maine. There, she stated what she believed regarding the military’s “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” policy. Personally, I viewed this as a very courageous act. She made her opinion known, not caring what a single person thought, and I admire that.
Lady Gaga is viewed the Madonna of our generation, and there is no question why. She uses her national impact as a method of stating her mind. Simply, she is my hero because she expresses her individuality in a way that no one else would dare.