STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is My Mom

dside4
Superman is not my hero. He pulls a lady from a burning skyscraper on the 46th floor: Not a hero .He stops a asteroid from colliding into earth: Not my hero. He saves a group of children from a boulder: Still not my hero. Many think that because he has superpowers that give him a hero concept but it doesn’t make him a hero. My hero can do better than that and she doesn’t even have superpowers. My hero is my Mom because of her enduring and everlasting love, her amazing strength, and endless passion; she is 10x better than Superman. With these “superhuman” concepts to keep going through life I have never failed.
My mom is literally my heart. Her love for me is indescribable but the events that have shown her love for me are. There was once I was playing a game of football with my friends and I threw a football into the window of my house by mistake. I had broken my mom’s whole china collection that was given to her by her mother before she died.. I started to pick up the pieces of china and as I was doing that I cut my hand. The look on my mom’s face was worse than the look she had when she saw the china broken, as she came rushing to me to take a look at my hand I was amazed. I asked my mom “aren’t you mad at me for me breaking the plates?” but all she did was look at me and said “Those plates don’t matter to me if you are hurt”. That’s love is a love that can cannot be erased, that love by itself could a superhero alone, but my mom isn’t just a superhero.
My mom has a strength that rivals or surpasses superman himself. With her uncanny ability to multitask at any point and to somehow find time for me is a strength that I need. She didn’t have to save me from a burning bus for me to realize that she could if she need to. That is how strong she is because no matter what kind of obstacle comes my way she will always hold up the building so I can get out. She has worked three jobs before and still found time to go to my Rotc competitions. Superman couldn’t do that.
My mom is a powerful her. She is not able to leap buildings in one single bound but she can wake me up at 6:30 , take me to school by 7:15 and be to work by 8:00 when each one of the destinations are 5 mils apart. She is not faster than a speeding bullet but she is the best soccer, football and basketball teacher I ever had. She cannot see through walls but she can still hug, kiss and make the best cookies in the world. My mom should not be like Superman, Superman should try to be like my mom.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy