My hero is my Grandpa

hersheygirl
“Will you marry me?” I asked my Grandpa looking up at him with angelic eyes. A smile creeps across his face and we share a special moment, just the two of us. A hero to me is not Batman and Spiderman but my Grandpa. Ever since I was a little girl I have idolized him and everything he does. I feel like we have a special connection and even though he does not like to show his emotions to me, I can tell deep down in his heart he loves me more than anything in the world. A hero is someone you can trust, who you can look at and say I want to be just like them when I grow up. Someone who is generally a good person all of which my Grandpa is. He never thinks of himself first, except when it is time to eat! He is nice to everyone and is a social butterfly. The one day I remember clearly that made him a number one hero in my book was when he had open heart surgery. Of course all of our family was worried especially my Grandma. When the surgery was complete and we could go in to see him he mouthed the words I love you, to my Grandma. Even after just having major surgery he was not thinking of himself and his pain he was thinking of his loved ones and trying to comfort them. If you ever meet my Grandpa you would love him right away. He has always been there for me. He is my hero and still to this day I say I want to be just like him when I grow up. A hero has many forms but to me it is just one, my Grandpa!