My hero is my girlfriend Alexis Kelly

Chew.Ryan1
The word hero can be defined in numerous ways. A hero can be someone who flies around in a cape with superhuman strength and the ability to see through walls or a hero is someone that perserveres through a hardship and gives you a completley different outlook on the way you live your life. My personal hero is my girlfriend Alexis Kelly because of her strenth and her inability to give up on her life.
I became friends with Alexis at the beginning of our Junior year, I was unsure of what the future could bring for us. Whether we would always just be friends or if we could ever be more. I knew she was an extraordinary person when we first met, she could light up a room with her smile and she was always so goofy. But. these experiences were short lived as she soon fell into a spiraling depression known as Major Depressive Disorder. She was no longer the bubbly goofy girl I knew but I vowed to myself that no matter what I was not going to give up trying to make her happy. I stood by her side daily and just listened. She constantly depicted her traits of strength by showing me that no matter how bad she got, she was not going to give up. She had days where she was happy and smiling and then the next day she was down upon herself and wanted the whole world to end. Valentines Day she entered a Mental Hospital for a week not knowing what to expect, the next week I saw her she was even worse. Yet, she still continued fighting for her sanity. Through her valient fighting she has showed me that even though things can get very bad, you can never give up.
Even as the bad times seemed to increase all the time a heroic trait began to emerge. Her inability to give up on life began to shine down on my perspective of the way life should be lived. I personally thought life was always going to be easy and happy with no problems but that is not reality. Life has it's ups and downs and you must take the good with the bad. I know that she will continue to heal mentally and she will never give up because she has a stronger will to live then to give up and die. She has taught me that life is full of surprises, whether they be good or bad. You have to take one day at the time and live life to the fullest.
To me her inability to give up on herself is more important then superhuman strength or the ability to fly. Even though she has her bad days my love for her grows because I know that we have to take one day at a time. Although my hero does not exemplify throwing fire out of her hands, she does incorporate the qualities that I value. Through her hardships and perservering we have now become inseperable in everyway imaginable.