STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is My Mama

AnaMac24
When asked about their role model, influential leader, or hero, most kids will either say some musician, superhero, or their parent. Of course, most of us see our mom or dad as our hero, they raise us to be who we are and are there for us no matter what. They truly are the Supermans and WonderWomans of our world, sacrificing themselves for us. that is why my mother is my hero, she has done extraordinary things for not her daughters but for others as well.
After marrying my father in her native country of Spain, my mama had to go live in a foreign country with a husband who was less keen on helping her adapt. Through MTV and television she learned english and the ways of America. then, to top that off she had three rambunctious girls,who weren't the easiest to handle. Chasing me off the road or simply getting Marina and I out of trees, my mother could do it it with one hand. Even after my parents divorced, and she was left raising us by herself, she managed to give us a wonderful childhood. She did more for us than any two-parent household could offer.
Although my mother was doing well for us, at times she felt as though she was doing too little. She once told me how she would be so sad about our future, not believeing that she could do us any good. But, with all her strength and might she overcame her own fears. she even helped other kids too, such as Trevor Shapiro, an autistic boy she aided in my elementary school. She did more for Trevor than any professional could, enabling him to be a happy child even with his disability. but that wasn't it for mjy mother, once we left California for Florida she got even more involved with children.she is an esol paraprofessional, so she helps forgein kids make it here. she makes each of them feel truly accepted in this land, where others would make them feel like aliens.
For a majority of individuals, a hero is someone
who fights evil, stands for those who cannot stand for themselves, overcomes all barriers. They never tell someine who needs their help no, always their to aide the less fortunate. My Ma fills all of this criteria, she overcame those who told her she wouldn't be able to raise her daughters as a single parent, that she was too weak, the ridicuale and constant doubt. She is why my sister Carolyn is in an Ivy League school, why my sister Marina and I strive for our dreams. My rock, my own super woman, my real hero.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy