My Hero is My Mama

AnaMac24
When asked about their role model, influential leader, or hero, most kids will either say some musician, superhero, or their parent. Of course, most of us see our mom or dad as our hero, they raise us to be who we are and are there for us no matter what. They truly are the Supermans and WonderWomans of our world, sacrificing themselves for us. that is why my mother is my hero, she has done extraordinary things for not her daughters but for others as well.
After marrying my father in her native country of Spain, my mama had to go live in a foreign country with a husband who was less keen on helping her adapt. Through MTV and television she learned english and the ways of America. then, to top that off she had three rambunctious girls,who weren't the easiest to handle. Chasing me off the road or simply getting Marina and I out of trees, my mother could do it it with one hand. Even after my parents divorced, and she was left raising us by herself, she managed to give us a wonderful childhood. She did more for us than any two-parent household could offer.
Although my mother was doing well for us, at times she felt as though she was doing too little. She once told me how she would be so sad about our future, not believeing that she could do us any good. But, with all her strength and might she overcame her own fears. she even helped other kids too, such as Trevor Shapiro, an autistic boy she aided in my elementary school. She did more for Trevor than any professional could, enabling him to be a happy child even with his disability. but that wasn't it for mjy mother, once we left California for Florida she got even more involved with children.she is an esol paraprofessional, so she helps forgein kids make it here. she makes each of them feel truly accepted in this land, where others would make them feel like aliens.
For a majority of individuals, a hero is someone
who fights evil, stands for those who cannot stand for themselves, overcomes all barriers. They never tell someine who needs their help no, always their to aide the less fortunate. My Ma fills all of this criteria, she overcame those who told her she wouldn't be able to raise her daughters as a single parent, that she was too weak, the ridicuale and constant doubt. She is why my sister Carolyn is in an Ivy League school, why my sister Marina and I strive for our dreams. My rock, my own super woman, my real hero.