STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My hero is Kendall

1sheenawilliams
“My Hero is Kendall”

Looking back into my innocent childhood, I realized that everything that was in my environment was my hero. For instant my mom took a major role in my life by having to be my mother and my father, and having to break her neck by working 12 hour shifts just to make ends meet. Then you have my sister, also known as my second mom; I felt bad for her because, she never had a life, she always had to have her little sister tag along because our mom was not home. Being the baby was always fun for me, I got to experience and enjoy life to the fullest, and look up to my favorite people who always made me smile every time I seen them. Well those days are gone now and those two people who were my hero are now my role models. As I tend to age into society, the one person who I can really say is my hero is my best friend Kendall Gingrich.
Some kids have batman or mostly cartoon characters, they say are their hero but me, I have someone who means not only something, but means so much more than you can imagine. Since the age of three, Kendall and I have been like two peas in the pod always sticking together, never straying in different direction, I always could say I can count on Kendall.
On August 27th, the day before my tenth birthday, something happened to me that I will always cherish for the rest of my life. Kendall and I were playing outside, and I was running away from her because we were playing tag. As I was running I heard a car beep its horn at me, and the car was steadily in motion not even attending to stop. Not knowing what to do next, my whole body just froze, I felt as though I was watching everything from my outside in, and the way things were going I could not do anything to stop it. I could hear Kendall screaming, “No Sheena, get out the way, my heart was beating so hard, it felt as though it was being beaten with a meat tenderizer.” Next thing I know, Kendall came to my rescue; she grabbed me so fast it was like her life depended on my safety. From that day on I was proud to say my hero was Kendall the Bendall.
That day could have been my last day on this earth if it was not for Kendall. To most people in society a hero is someone who fight in wars and have high status such as celebrities, presidents or even people who make software. The first definition of a hero is: someone who will be there for you no matter what, and if something was to happen to that person they would be able to leave one thing, their legacy. The second is Kendall Gingrich.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy