My hero is Kendall

1sheenawilliams
“My Hero is Kendall”

Looking back into my innocent childhood, I realized that everything that was in my environment was my hero. For instant my mom took a major role in my life by having to be my mother and my father, and having to break her neck by working 12 hour shifts just to make ends meet. Then you have my sister, also known as my second mom; I felt bad for her because, she never had a life, she always had to have her little sister tag along because our mom was not home. Being the baby was always fun for me, I got to experience and enjoy life to the fullest, and look up to my favorite people who always made me smile every time I seen them. Well those days are gone now and those two people who were my hero are now my role models. As I tend to age into society, the one person who I can really say is my hero is my best friend Kendall Gingrich.
Some kids have batman or mostly cartoon characters, they say are their hero but me, I have someone who means not only something, but means so much more than you can imagine. Since the age of three, Kendall and I have been like two peas in the pod always sticking together, never straying in different direction, I always could say I can count on Kendall.
On August 27th, the day before my tenth birthday, something happened to me that I will always cherish for the rest of my life. Kendall and I were playing outside, and I was running away from her because we were playing tag. As I was running I heard a car beep its horn at me, and the car was steadily in motion not even attending to stop. Not knowing what to do next, my whole body just froze, I felt as though I was watching everything from my outside in, and the way things were going I could not do anything to stop it. I could hear Kendall screaming, “No Sheena, get out the way, my heart was beating so hard, it felt as though it was being beaten with a meat tenderizer.” Next thing I know, Kendall came to my rescue; she grabbed me so fast it was like her life depended on my safety. From that day on I was proud to say my hero was Kendall the Bendall.
That day could have been my last day on this earth if it was not for Kendall. To most people in society a hero is someone who fight in wars and have high status such as celebrities, presidents or even people who make software. The first definition of a hero is: someone who will be there for you no matter what, and if something was to happen to that person they would be able to leave one thing, their legacy. The second is Kendall Gingrich.