My Hero is my uncle Pop Pop

qqueeman
To define a hero in short would be a positive role model, a comforter to those who desperately need it, and someone who gives respect to anyone they come in contact with. These are the traits that define a true hero and my uncle Rodney Cherry established these traits everyday single day of his life. From as long as I can remember my uncle has been there and taught me valuable lessons that I can use and share for the rest of my life. Throughout his life he went out his way to provide my family and I.
During my childhood my uncle has always been a great influence in my life. When I was young he taught me an array of different skills and abilities that I now use to this very day. For example when I was about 6 years old I had a hard time learning to play the drums. I was so frustrated that I wasn’t learning it I gave up and stopped playing. But my uncle saw the potential I had in me that he sat me down, looked me in the eyes, and he started to teach me. I felt so comfortable and safe that I forget about my insecurities and just started to play. From then on I realized that I could achieve anything in this world as long as I try.
On the other hand my uncle has also provided for my parents a well. Some time ago my parents were going through some major financial debt. Time was ticking and nothing was getting paid. Reality started to hit our family like a bowling ball colliding with a stack of pins. My uncle heard about our situation and helped by giving my parents some money to help get our family back on the right track. If it wasn’t for him who knows where we’d be living right now or if we’d even have a place to live. My uncle’s a visionary, always thinking one step ahead and form that he helps keep our entire family together.
On June 25, 2009 my uncle Rodney Cherry died of cancer. His spirit and soul lives on through each and every person in my entire family. Like a great warrior dying in the heat of battle, my uncle was no different! He died leaving a profound legacy that will now be passed down from generations to come. His heart was his sword and it will always live on forever. My hero is my uncle Pop Pop! Thank You!