hero

jessica1214

Many people have heroes of many different kinds. Some heroes have special powers and some heroes are just your average person. A person’s hero is usually one or their parents or an adult they are close to or maybe even a celebrity. I must say my hero is neither of those. My hero is someone very special to me but she is not an adult or someone wise beyond her year she is simply my best friend.
I met the girl I call my best friend in the 5th grade. I walked into the classroom of the new church I had just began attending. There I sat in front of a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. I didn’t know it then but later we would become best friends far into our high school life. Later as we got to know each other we began to spend time together outside of just Sunday and Wednesday. I began to understand the reasons why she acted the way she did and the mannerisms she maintained. A good best friend is hard to come by especially in your teenage years, but you can never have a best friend like mine.
She isn’t just my hero because she is my best friend. She is my hero because the way she handles situations in her life. When something is wrong she is strong in her faith and looks to God for an answer. When something goes wrong in my life I can rely on her for reasonable advice and she will tell me the truth. She will never lie to me and she can trust me with anything. She is also funny and outgoing and intelligent. She is a good role model to people around her. She tries her hardest to be the best person she can be and she influences other people to be just like her.
Although it is unusual for a person’s hero to be their best friend I believe a person’s hero should not only be someone they look up to they should be their best friend. In life when someone is going through a hard time or an incredible time their best friend is always there and that’s how your hero should be. Your hero should be someone close to you someone you know almost everything about and you can still look up to them even thought they are your best friend and that’s what my hero is.
Comment by vilotlow

You're so lucky that you have a hero best friend like her
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 2:26:38 PM