The Olympic Spirit

peter
Olympic Spirit

In my opinion the winter olympics is a chance for young adults and even teenagers to show off the unique talent that they have. You could say that their talent is not unique because you have almost fifty participants in each sport, but in my opinion each athlete has his or her unique mindset and way that they perform their sport that they play. ll of the athletes that compete in the olympics have almost practiced their whole life in order to even make the olympics. The have an enormous amount of determination in my opinion. I also believe that you could look up to anyone that is in the olympics and say that you are my role model. If I were to define Olympic Spirit in my own words it would be the thrill and success of making it to the olympics and trying your best. That is what it is all about. Trying your best not only in the olympics but in everything that we as humans do in our daily life. I once heard a quote while on a retreat in eighth grade while one of my youth leaders said, “Be the best you and not the second best of someone else.” I truly took this to heart and have been trying to master this quality everyday of my life. All of the olympians that are competing this year are truly role models to that I look up to with great respect and honor. Olympic Spirit, the thrill of knowing that you made it to the olympics and know that you tried your best. Afterall that is what life is all about.