The Olympic Spirit: The Inspiration They Give to Everyone

themadhatter127
The Olympics happens once every four years. It gives the chance for many people who have made it this far to win gold for their country and/or for themselves in a sport that they love with a passion. They must "perform" in front of the whole world. It’s inspiring to see how hard Olympians have worked for all this time to represent their country. Whether it’s to become an inspiration to many, or rather it be to win or lose, they still have proved themselves being capable of competing in the biggest event in the world, the Olympics.
The people that have made it to represent their country in the Olympics have spent countless hours, day by day, training. They train, they push, and they put passion into their sport that gives them meaning. They become an inspiration to us all. To see them giving it their all in one of the biggest sporting events of the world is more than enough guts and excitement to get more people to put infatuation into a sport that they love. Either if it’s to inspire them to compete, or to do it for the enjoyment of doing it, it still inspires many others.
Olympians have the spirit of power and dedication. They are able to show some of the best talent in the sport they are competing in. With all this training and time, it must be hard for them not to disappoint their country. It’s unimaginable what could be running through their heads but they show complete perseverance, commitment, dedication, and focus. Olympians are some of the most mentally tough people out there. Some may down on themselves if they lose while others may learn from their mistakes and try again the next four years. Using Shaun White as an example, a person who has won gold two times in a row, has failed to go for three this year in Sochi but will do better next time.
Perhaps the Olympics may not inspire many, but it can still inspire the young. Young people and even adults have dreams of becoming something big in the future. Maybe the Olympians help those people to strive and try to make it big in a sport, a career, etc. It can teach people to not give up on their dreams and to do their very best no matter what. Most people can either congratulate the Olympians who have competed or they can try to become the next big thing to happen in the Olympics.