The Olympic Spirit: It Is In Us All

jsoftballj
An Olympian is a person of perseverance, optimism, and faith. The Olympics are games that do not only test a person physically, but mentally too. The road to success is covered in failure, but the strive to win has to push a person to continue. An Olympian cannot look back; they have to know they are capable and can win. They have to put their faith in themselves and prove their doubters wrong. To become an Olympian a country has to put its faith in someone. Every citizen in the country looks at that person to win the Gold.
The Olympic Games are international competitions held every four years. They are broken into two seasons, summer and winter. Each season has an Olympic Game every four years on an alternating schedule. The Olympics were created not only to show which the best country is, but to also unite the countries. I strongly agree that the Olympics join the countries of the world together. One Simple way it connects us is by enhancing our knowledge. When I watch the Olympics I never fail to learn something new. The Olympics are healthy competition to unite our world and show we are not that different.
The Olympic Spirit is in us all, but the challenge is finding it. Some are meant to compete, others to support. Whether a person is at the Olympics competing for the Gold or sitting at home cheering on their country; they have the Olympic Spirit. I used to think I had the spirit to compete, but now I know I am meant to have the spirit to cheer. My dream to compete in the Olympic Games was crushed on July 7th, 2005 when softball was pulled as an Olympic sport, but my Olympic Spirit still shines bright. I am not able to follow the footsteps of the legendary Jennie Finch, but that only means I can make my own foot prints. Softball is still my passion, but I also still have my Olympic Spirit. I look forward to cheering on America as we fight for the Gold.
The Olympics are a way to connect our world. They affect everyone, because everyone as Olympic Spirit. They allow the best to shine in the light, but make all smiles. Without the Olympics each country would stand alone and know its fellow cultures. Competition is healthy; it nourishes our knowledge and respect for others. The Olympic Spirit shines inside me with a smile, cheering for the United State of America. How does it shine in you?