The Olympic Spirit: Uniting Nations

aliengelhardt
For as long as I can remember the Olympics has been something that brought people together. From families watching at home to the fans attending the events it’s an experience everyone should have. The Olympics bring athletes together who share the same passion and desire to succeed. There’s always discussions on social media, at school, and at home about the games and different events and everyone has their favorite sport and athlete to root for. They bring out a friendly competitive spirit in everyone and nobody’s feelings get hurt because they aren’t actually competing. However, there are people who are abusing these gatherings and terrorizing the Olympics. In the past there hasn’t really been any big terroristic attacks on such an event like the Olympics, but in recent years society’s morals have diminished. There have been numerous acts of terrorism during the Olympics and it’s destroying the Olympic spirit that everyone knows and loves. We need to start taking necessary precautions to prevent more terrible acts from happening. People think of the Olympics as something to look up to and aspire to be there and compete or just watch. If there’s fear instilled in the public, nobody will want to attend, compete, or even watch for the fear of being hurt. Athletes all around the world strive to compete at the Olympics and countries come together to celebrate sports. Yes there’s a winner and a loser, but in reality the experience is what the fans come for and although it’s nice to win, it’s not everything.