STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

The Olympic Spirit: Periods of Unity

chilipino9
Every two years when the summer and winter Olympic Games arrive, countries from all over the world send athletes to compete in events for glory and national pride. It is at this time that people come together to watch and cheer for their country as every day during the competition, athletes compete for the gold medals. All of the competing countries set aside their internal and foreign conflicts to bring about a sense of nationalism and competition to their country as well as prove to other nations how great their people are. Even though this year terrorists threatened to attack the Olympic stadium, they did not because of the great amount of nationality in all of the nations and the amount of security that Russia employed to keep the Games safe. During these games, my family sits together and watches the Olympic Games to see the competitive spirit of the event and to cheer for the athletes. This tradition of watching the Games has been going on for many years ever since I was little and continues even for this year’s Olympic Games at Sochi. Every time I see the athletes compete in their specified events, I always feel a sense of inspiration and excitement as the competition comes close between two or more athletes for gold. Events that are really interesting to me and get really intense to me are the sprinting and swimming events in the summer Olympics when the competition between the competitors comes very close to a tie. In these events, it is a thrill to watch the big competitors such as Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps try their hardest to keep their reputation of being one of the best. Whenever I watch the awards ceremonies after the events, I witness a great amount of good sportsmanship and happiness that inspires me to be a better person and to not get brought down by losing. After the Olympic Games end and the closing ceremony commences, I see the countries leave with great pride and nationalism. When I see the next country that is to host the next Olympic Games give a preview and watch the Olympic flame get extinguished, I become excited, waiting to see what the next Olympic Games has in store for the world. Every two years I get to share this feeling with the rest of the world knowing that it is during these times, the world comes together in a friendly competition for the top.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy