STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Olympic Spirit: Peace, Love, and Unity

jimmynguyenn
The Olympic Spirit to me is defined through three words; peace, love, and unity.
For me, being a break dancer makes me feel like an Olympic athlete. The Olympic promotes peace just like dancing. As a breakdancer, my cherished moments are my weekends as I travel to different parts of the world to compete. As I walk into a room filled with passionate dancers, my friends, acquaintances, strangers, all greet me with tumultuous welcomes. Nobody cares where I am from, who I have been with, and what I have done; the only thing that truly matters is the good vibes felt through dancing. As for the Olympics, athletes come together in an ice rink or stadium, or even on top of a mountain of snow. No matter where they might be, those athletes are in it together as they join each other and share a passion that brings them all great peace and happiness.
Coming from a dance crew, I am blessed with the opportunity to be surrounded by great friends whom I love dearly. Being ten years younger than many of them, these are people who I never would expect to meet in my lifetime. Dancing lets me create bonds of friendship with those of different social classes, age, and ethnicities. I meet tons of amazing, and even strange individuals I never even knew existed.. Shoot, from my 6 years of dancing I went from 160 friends on Facebook to 1,300! Now, for the Olympics there is love everywhere! There is love in the air as family members cheer on their beloved sons, daughters or friends making their way down the finish line. There is love of inspiration and passion as athletes pour their heart out and give everything they got. There is love of friendship as the athletes meet someone from the other side of the globe or someone who has inspired them. The Olympics is amazing because it always promotes a contagious atmosphere of companionship and affection.
Dancing also gives a sense of community and unity. People who have grown up from hardships such as being from a city of poverty, gang violence, and drug use are people I dance with in a room. People who have been discriminated for their ethnicity, what they wear, what they look like are people I am sharing my passion with. The Olympics has done the same by placing individuals from all over the world under one roof. The crowd and athletes gush with color as people of different cultures come together to compete, watch, support, and cheer. That is what amazes me about the Olympics; one single event is powerful enough to bring all humans together as a family whole. The Olympic Spirit is greater than the entertainment and the competitiveness of the sport itself; the Olympic spirit is the wonderful blessings it encourages. The Olympic spirit to me can be defined in three simple words: peace, love, and unity.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy