Olympic Spirit: Peace, Love, and Unity

jimmynguyenn
The Olympic Spirit to me is defined through three words; peace, love, and unity.
For me, being a break dancer makes me feel like an Olympic athlete. The Olympic promotes peace just like dancing. As a breakdancer, my cherished moments are my weekends as I travel to different parts of the world to compete. As I walk into a room filled with passionate dancers, my friends, acquaintances, strangers, all greet me with tumultuous welcomes. Nobody cares where I am from, who I have been with, and what I have done; the only thing that truly matters is the good vibes felt through dancing. As for the Olympics, athletes come together in an ice rink or stadium, or even on top of a mountain of snow. No matter where they might be, those athletes are in it together as they join each other and share a passion that brings them all great peace and happiness.
Coming from a dance crew, I am blessed with the opportunity to be surrounded by great friends whom I love dearly. Being ten years younger than many of them, these are people who I never would expect to meet in my lifetime. Dancing lets me create bonds of friendship with those of different social classes, age, and ethnicities. I meet tons of amazing, and even strange individuals I never even knew existed.. Shoot, from my 6 years of dancing I went from 160 friends on Facebook to 1,300! Now, for the Olympics there is love everywhere! There is love in the air as family members cheer on their beloved sons, daughters or friends making their way down the finish line. There is love of inspiration and passion as athletes pour their heart out and give everything they got. There is love of friendship as the athletes meet someone from the other side of the globe or someone who has inspired them. The Olympics is amazing because it always promotes a contagious atmosphere of companionship and affection.
Dancing also gives a sense of community and unity. People who have grown up from hardships such as being from a city of poverty, gang violence, and drug use are people I dance with in a room. People who have been discriminated for their ethnicity, what they wear, what they look like are people I am sharing my passion with. The Olympics has done the same by placing individuals from all over the world under one roof. The crowd and athletes gush with color as people of different cultures come together to compete, watch, support, and cheer. That is what amazes me about the Olympics; one single event is powerful enough to bring all humans together as a family whole. The Olympic Spirit is greater than the entertainment and the competitiveness of the sport itself; the Olympic spirit is the wonderful blessings it encourages. The Olympic spirit to me can be defined in three simple words: peace, love, and unity.