The Olympic Spirit: Inspiring and Bringing People Together

Emmahunter123
My parents love the Olympics, so I was brought up watching them every four years. I love to watch the gymnastics and the figure skating events. I also appreciate the idea of so many countries coming together for only a couple of weeks. I think it is amazing that people from different nationalities are able to come together and compete peacefully. In this way, the Olympics set an example of how different nations should behave toward one another.
Nations are also able to prove their strengths during the Olympics. The games are a chance for not only large countries, but also small ones to show off their abilities. I think it is incredible when people from minute areas exhibit superiority over larger nations.
The Olympics are also extremely inspiring for younger athletes, who decide to work hard to join the games themselves. To me, seeing a seventeen-year old Adelina Sotnikova in this year’s winter sports beat more mature skaters in figure skating is extraordinary and can influence younger generations to be like her. I think with the right encouragement and hard work, any person has the ability to achieve what they want, whether physically or academically.
The Olympics are an amazing way to unite the world and inspire people to work hard for what they want. Despite problems that might be happening between nations during the time of the games, we are able to compete in a friendly way and possibly form new friendships.