The Olympic Spirit: Pursue Your Dreams

Niya
When I hear the phrase "Olympic Spirit", I not only think of athletes competing, but having determination of fulfilling your dreams. I've never seen the Olympics but I just get excited thinking about it because I can picture all the excitement the fans and athletes are feeling; it's a beautiful feeling to have.

To me, when I see retired athletes, such as Michelle Kwan, I can't help but think " Wow, she was an amazing person, I don't think I'll ever be that good as her." Then I realized, she didn't come into this world as an amazing Olympian; that's something she had to put effort in to become a two-time winning Olympic medalist.

Recently, there have been many threats to harm the Olympics. I'll never truly understand why people would want to do such things and put peoples' lives at risk, maybe they feel as if they're not capable of pursing their dream and are willing to destroy others. Either way, I believe that everyone has the ability to anything he/she puts their mind to. And that's what I think the phrase "Olympic Spirit" means, no matter what the world says, as long as you have motivation, determination, and encouragement from those you love, you can do almost anything.